So first a little about me and my weight loss history. I was never very active, always preferring to read a book in the shade instead of running and playing. I also love to eat and growing up in Milwaukee food was involved in every social gathering. I've lost more than 30 lbs (one time 76 lbs) five times in my life. I have never had any success at maintenance of weight loss immediately starting to gain weight back once I was not actively losing.
My only barrier to lose this weight and keep it off is ME. I know what you are saying, everyone has life obstacles to overcome to live a healthy life style but I really do not have any that don't have (fairly) easy alternate choices. I do have a busy, stressful job but I am 100% in control of my schedule so can make the decision to plan exercise and healthy eating into my day. I have a full gym, with shower available to me at my work site. I have a gym membership that allow me access to several clubs near my home and they have convenient childcare hours at the club plus my daughter enjoys going to them. If I don't want to work out inside I live in a great area of Minneapolis that have tons of parks with walking and biking trails.
I have the means to buy healthy foods. I live 4 blocks from a fabulous 24 hr grocery store. I am an awesome cook and know how to make healthy and tasty meals. My family will eat whatever I cook and will keep their junk food out of the house to accommodate me.
So this is me stating my intention to make the uncomfortable decision to shake up my status quo. I am making the decision to not just lose weight but to live a healthier life style.
happy (belated) birthday!!! :)
ReplyDeleteso glad you have a blog now.
go team maroon!!
Congrats on your determination - good luck!
ReplyDeleteI am right there with you!!! We can do this, I know we can.
ReplyDelete